Political materials are nothing new. During elections, millions of Americans go to the polls to exercise their right to elect candidates who will represent our country. But, to gain the voters’ trust – and thus their votes – the marketing work of those who run for any position needs to be very well planned and assertive.
Often, these candidates have very little time to present their policy proposals in the media, so it is important to invest in strategies that reach a large portion of the population and that, at the same time, are economically viable. And we have the perfect solution for you!
The use of political leaflets as promotion material is still very popular. But, after all, how to make this graphic piece? Which paper to use? What information should my leaflet contain? If you have any of these questions, keep reading.
Create your political leaflets now!
- What information must my leaflet present?
First of all, you must be clear that this graphic piece has two sides for entering information.
- On the front, it is recommended that the candidate is highlighted, with the use of a photograph and their political slogan. This is important for the voter to know, recognize and remember the face of the person they are going to vote for.
- On the back, information such as phone number, political party, and relevant data about the candidate is essential. But always remember that the political party should be the most prominent information on the back of the material.
- What are the dimensions, paper, and weight that I should use in my booklet?
Firstly, American political campaigns have established the size of 3.5×11 inches as the standard dimension for this type of graphic material. Regarding paper, coated paper and recycled paper (more economical and sustainable) are usually suggested. The first is often used in weights from 90g, 120g, 150g, or 240g.
In addition, these materials can be printed in both black and white and color. It is also worth remembering that one of the advantages of using a leaflet is that, when ordered in large quantities, the production price is even lower.
- Which program should I use to make my little saint?
Adobe InDesign is the most suitable program for making political promotions. With it, you can layout your graphic piece more efficiently and accurately. The software allows the easy intention of layout, page sequences, bleeds, and folds.
As the political material are products that normally contain information on the front and back of the material, the use of this program is even more indicated by the possibility of working with two pages at the same time. Thus, it is easier to visualize the product before it is printed and also facilitates the work of the printer.
It is worth remembering that requests whose content is electoral propaganda have specifications that must be followed. See our terms of service and website usage.